Of all the seaside resorts along
the Adriatic coast BIBIONE
is the one with the most remarkable naturalistic value.
During the last Ice Age, which ended about 17,000 years ago, many species
of cold climates established themselves and managed to survive in tiny ecological niches.
The overlapping of climates has given rise to a unique mixture of mainly floristic species,
e.g. Apocino venetiana, the rosemary-leafed Willow, several species
of wild orchids and rare plants in danger of extinction.
Of particular importance is the Austrian Black Pine, notable example of antique climatic conditions.
The faunistic presence is particularly interesting by way of the HERMANN TORTOISE
and also because the area is on one of the main migration routes
(as is the whole of the Caorle lagoon) used by waterfowl in Spring and Autumn.
THE ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLEX OF THE MOUTH OF THE TAGLIAMENTO RIVER
is considered the pride which qualifies Bibione, a legacy for all the population and, therefore,
to be conserved for themselves and the appreciation of turists.
Unfortunately, the Region of Veneto in agreement with the local Municipal
Council is ready to approve
an urban planning (P.A.L.A.L.V.O - Plan of the Area of the Lagoon and the Area of the East Venetian Coast)
which is proposed with the finality of environmental protection, but which in reality anticipates:
The small island of Bibione (about 2,965 acres) already offers enormous
receptivity (up to 200.000 people in one day) with 5 milion cubic metres
of structures realized over the last 35 years. The survival of the Tagliamento environment is,
today, quite miraculous and unique, therefore, the last thing Bibione needs is more concrete.
This is the moment to think of the future, requalify what already exists,
use appropriately and protect public ground and give full value to environmental resources.
Bibione today still has the potential to aspire to recognition of environmental quality, E.M.A.S.
(Eco-Management and Audit Scheme). This pilot project is at european level and already
operating but to obtain quality recognition it is indispensable to move in the above-mentioned direction.
THE WWF REQUESTS FOR BIBIONE :
· The exclusion from P.A.L.A.L.V.O. of the proposed building
close to the mouth of the Tagliamento River.
· The creation of a nature reserve which includes the whole environment complex of the mouth of the Tagliamento.
· Revision of the existing General Planning Regulations viewing all the areas of naturalistic interest to be subjected to protection
· Drastic reduction of new building with complete prohibition along the 500 metres of coastline.
· Institution of the Regional Nature Park of the Caorle Lagoon, Bibione Valley and Pine wood.
· Acquisition of the Tagliamento area with eventual use of European Community Funds.
· Destination of the lighthouse as a museum for the history and nature of Bibione.
· Valuation from the point of view regarding tourism on a nature conservancy basis in the river mouth area and realisation of a nature walk route.
REQUESTS ALSO THAT LOCAL AUTHORITIES, REGION OF VENETO AND
AUTHORITIES MAKE MAXIMUM EFFORTS TO BRING IN FORCE ALL NECESSARY
MEASURES TO DEFEND THE AREA AROUND THE MOUTH OF THE TAGLIAMENTO
RIVER FROM THE MARINE EROSION ALREADY IN ACT.
· MINISTRY FOR THE ENVIRONMENT firstname.lastname@example.org
· REGION OF VENETO
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
· COMUNE OF SAN MICHELE AL TAGLIAMENTO firstname.lastname@example.org
· MINISTRY FOR CULTURE email@example.com
· PROVINCE OF VENICE firstname.lastname@example.org
The undersigned requests that from the area plan denominated P.A.L.A.L.V.O.,
which the Region of Veneto is ready to approve, are excluded all proposed constructions
in the vicinity of the Tagliamento mouth (403.000 cubic metres of erections and a marina of 750 berths)
and that the same plan protects the whole area for itís enormous naturalistic value.
Information about the use of personal data.
Conforming with art. 10 Law 675/96 declares that:
data here collected will be registered with a view to activating an information service.
Such data will be electronically processed according to the existing law;
such data may be communicated to managements of the above-mentioned service
and diffused exclusively within the structure with the finality of the information given;
the subjects concerned are covered by rights according to art.13 Law 675/96.